- Brand Windmill Organics
- Department Operations
Windmill Organics is one of the leading organic food companies in the UK, established over 30 years ago. As a family business, our mission is to protect the well-being of both people and the planet; by providing organic, healthy and innovative products through our 6 brands (Biona, RAW, Amisa, Profusion, Bonsan & Biofair), to customers in over 40 countries across the world.
We are looking for a skilled Supply Chain Manager to help build a better future, based on organic, environmentally friendly foods – this role plays a key strategic part in delivering that vision.
As a Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the end-to-end supply chain process, from sourcing product, to delivering finished goods to customers.
Supply Chain Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement supply chain strategies and processes to optimise efficiency and minimise costs (e.g. through effective negotiating, building relationships with key suppliers and analysing the numbers).
- Manage the purchasing process including buying, supplying and distribution for the company. Work closely with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of quality products and services at competitive prices.
- Monitor inventory levels and develop inventory management strategies to avoid stockouts and excess inventory.
- Forecast levels of demand for our products and services.
- Control and improve transport costs.
- Have experience with import and export documentation. Keep up to date with the ever changing regulations post Brexit.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Analyse and report supply chain performance metrics and identify areas for improvement.
- Identify and mitigate supply chain risks such as natural disasters, geopolitical tensions, and supplier bankruptcy.
- Work on automation of processes to make the work flow more efficiently.
- Work together with the marketing and sales teams to develop new product ideas and bring them to market.
Team management Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a team of 3 (2 stock controllers, 1 Senior Operations Administrator and 1 Operations Team Leader) to achieve overall business objectives.
- Strategically minded with very strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to build relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Experience dealing with international suppliers
- Commercial awareness
- Very good numeracy skills
- Experience in process automation
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to lead and motivate teams
- Excellent time management skills – ability to deliver to deadlines
- Resilience and a determination to succeed
- Knowledge of and an interest in the “Health and Wellness”, organic space would be a great advantage
Qualifications & work experience:
- Ideally degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
- Ideally CIPS qualification – or working towards it
- Work Experience: Minimum 3 years ideally in a similar FMCG company
What we offer:
🌍 Be part of a growing mission-led business dedicated to better serve people & planet
🕺 Friendly, enthusiastic, like minded team – vibrant office working environment
🏖 Riverside location within close proximity of Kingston upon Thames town centre, train station (also close to Hampton Wick station). Car parking available on site.
🕰 Flexible working hours (start between 8.30-10am finish between 4.30-6pm)
💻 Hybrid working model (3-days per week in-office and 2 days from home)
🚀 Real opportunities to grow in your career and develop your skills as we scale the company
🥗 Free product samples and new product testing sessions
💪 25% off trade prices on all our food products