- Salary Competitive
- Brand Windmill Organics
- Department Purchasing
Windmill Organics is one of the leading organic food companies in the UK, established over 40 years ago. As a family business, our mission is to protect the well-being of both people and the planet; by providing organic, healthy and innovative products through our 6 brands (Biona, RAW, Amisa, Profusion, Bonsan & Biofair), to customers in over 40 countries across the world.
Purchasing Manager Role:
We are looking for a skilled Purchasing Manager to help build a better future, based on organic, environmentally friendly foods – this role plays a key strategic part in delivering that vision.
At Windmill Organics Ltd commercial buying is a global activity. Our “Goods for re-sale” supplier pool, are international private label food production companies based in the UK/ Europe/ Asia and South America. You should have experience and understanding for the complexity of private label production for small to medium production runs. To produce private label for Windmill Organics Ltd all suppliers must have Organic Certification for the products supplied and high-level quality assurance in place – BRC Grade A, IFS or equivalent and implement ethical and Anti -slavery policies.
- Manage the purchasing process including buying, supplying and distribution for the company.
- Develop and lead an effective procurement strategy to professionalize our current activities, using effective metrics to measure success.
- Embrace & have an understanding for the complexities that we may face importing goods post Brexit. Have experience with import and export documentation.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of value, delivery schedules and quality
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Through effective negotiation, networking and analysing the numbers, as purchasing manager you can help our business save money and increase profitability.
- Work together with the Marketing and Sales team to develop new product ideas and bring them to market
- Forecast levels of demand for our products and services
- Train and supervise the work of other team members
- Strategically minded with very strong analytical ability
- Have commercial awareness
- Very good numeracy skills
- Ability to lead and motivate your team
- Flair for negotiation and networking
- Time management skills – ability to deliver to deadlines
- Resilience and a determination to succeed
- Knowledge of and an interest in the “Health and Wellness”, organic space would be a great advantage
- Degree level qualification
- CIPS qualification would be an advantage
- Work Experience: Minimum 3 years ideally in a similar FMCG company
- Full-time, Permanent
- Competitive Salary
- Working hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
What we offer:
🌍 Be part of a growing mission-led business dedicated to better serve people & planet
🕺 Friendly, enthusiastic, like minded team – vibrant office working environment
🏖 Riverside location within close proximity of Kingston upon Thames town centre, train station (also close to Hampton Wick station). Car parking available on site.
🕰 Flexible working hours (start between 8.30-10am finish between 4.30-6pm)
💻 Hybrid working model (3-days per week in-office and 2 days from home)
🚀 Real opportunities to grow in your career and develop your skills as we scale the company
🥗 Free product samples and new product testing sessions
🐶 Daily cuddles provided by our office doggies
💪 25% off trade prices on all our food products