- Uploaded Thursday 19th November, 2020
- Closing Tuesday 15th December, 2020
- Salary Competitive
- Brand Windmill Organics
- Department Purchasing
Are you resilient, great with numbers, have super analytical talents and enjoy negotiating and communicating? Then this purchasing manager position could be for you.
At Windmill Organics commercial buying is a global activity. Our “Goods for re-sale” supplier pool are international private label food production companies based in the UK/ Europe/ Asia and South America. You should have experience and understanding for the complexity of private label production for small to medium production runs. To produce private label for Windmill Organics Ltd all suppliers must have Organic Certification for the products supplied and high-level quality assurance in place – BRC Grade A, IFS or equivalent and implement ethical and Anti -slavery policies.
- Manage the purchasing process including buying, supplying and distribution of the company.
- Develop and lead an effective procurement strategy to professionalize our current activities, using effective metrics to measure success.
- Embrace & have an understanding for the complexities that we may face importing goods post Brexit. Have experience with import and export documentation.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of value, delivery schedules and quality
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Through effective negotiation, networking and analysing the numbers, as purchasing manager you can help our business save money and increase profitability.
- Work together with the Marketing and Sales team to develop new product ideas and bring them to market
- Liaise between international manufacturers, relevant internal departments, and customers
- Forecast levels of demand for our products and services
- Train and supervise the work of other team members
- Strategically minded with very strong analytical ability
- Have commercial awareness
- Very good numeracy skills
- Ability to lead and motivate your team
- Flair for negotiation and networking
- Strong project management skills
- Time management skills – ability to deliver to deadlines
- Resilience and a determination to succeed
- Knowledge of and an interest in the “Health and Wellness”, Organic space would be a great advantage
- 2.1 Degree level qualifications in business or science
- CIPS qualification would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a similar role-ideally in FMCG company