Chick Pea, Tofu and Aubergine Ragout
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
225g plain tofu cut into squares
2 small aubergines, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp sweet paprika
1 x 400g Biona Organic Chopped Tomatoes
2 tbsp Biona Organic Tomato Puree
150ml Vegetable stock
2 x 400g Biona Organic Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
1 bay leaf
Gound black pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
4 tsp natural yoghurt for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan or saucepan. Add the onion and fry, stirring for 2 minutes until soft. Add the tofu and cook for 2 minutes until it begins to brown. Add the aubergines and peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes, whilst stirring.
2. Stir in the garlic and two types of paprika, then add the canned tomatoes, tomato puree, vegetable stock, chick peas, bay leaf and black pepper to season.
3. Bring the contents of the pan to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 30-45mins until the sauce thickens. Discard the bay leaf.
4. Stir in the parsley and re-season if necessary.
5. Spoon the ragout into bowls and top with a spoonful of yoghurt and sprinkling of parsley.
Tip: Add a splash of Biona Organic Worcester Sauce for extra flavour.
Tip 2: Use double the amount of chick peas if not using tofu.