3/4 cup cooked mashed sweet potato
2 cups Biona Organic Coconut Milk (shake well prior to measuring)
1 1/2 cups (283g) dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
Biona Organic Agave Syrup to finish.
- Bake sweet potato at 200C with skin on until very soft. Let it cool.
- Once cooled, peel skin off and mash well with a fork until smooth. Pack it in the measuring cup (3/4 cup) and level off. Add to blender and add coconut milk, vanilla and salt. Don't blend yet.
- Melt chocolate chips using preferred method. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Be careful not to burn. Add the melted chocolate to the blender.
- Blend the ingredients on high for a minute or so until completely smooth. Taste and sweeten as necessary with Biona Organic Agave Syrup.
- Add your blended ice cream base to an ice cream storge container and place in the freezer. Set timer for 30 minutes and stir the ice cream well.
- Add back to freezer and repeat every 30 minutes until solid or at desired consistency. After 2 hours it should be ready depending on freezer temperature. Let it freeze overnight, you may need to let it sit out at room temperature for ten minutes before serving.
- Drizzle with Biona Organic Agave Syrup and sprinkle with chocolate nibs.