Buckwheat chia pancakes (gluten free)
1 tbsp Raw Health chia seeds + 4 tbsp water
75g buckwheat flour
60g plain flour (gluten free if needed)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
240ml nut milk
2-3 tbsp Raw Health Acacia Honey
Raw Health coconut oil, for frying
Raw Health nut butter
Raw Health honey
Chia seed jam (see recipe)
Whisk the chia and water together in a bowl and leave for 15 minutes to form a gel.
Whisk together both flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
Add the milk, honey and chia gel and whisk to combine.
Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a saucepan until melted. Use a ladle to spoon in some of the batter. Leave to cook for about 2 minutes or until you see bubbles beginning to pop to the surface of the pancake then flip it over and cook on the other side. Set the cooked pancakes aside, covered on a warm plate while you cook the rest.
Serve immediately with your desired toppings.
Windmill products used in this recipe
- Raw Health Organic Chia Seeds - White - 450g
- Raw Health Organic Honey - Acacia Blossom - 350g
- RAW Health Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil - 300ml
- Raw Health Organic Spreads - Whole Almond Butter - 170g
- Raw Health Organic Spreads - Whole Cashew Butter - 170g
- Raw Health Organic Spreads - Whole Hazel Butter - 170g