Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
For the Sweet Potatoes:
· 4 medium/large sweet potatoes
· 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
· 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
· 1 1/2 tsp Biona Organic Coconut Oil
· 2 cloves garlic
· 1/2 tsp turmeric
· 1/4 tsp cumin
· 1/4 tsp chilli powder
· 1/2 tsp sea salt
· 1 can of Biona Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
For the Cashew Cream Sauce:
· 4 tbsp Biona Organic Cashew Butter
· 1 clove garlic
· 1 tsp lime juice
· 1 tsp nutritional yeast
· 180ml water
· Dash of Biona Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
· Dash of salt and pepper
· 1 avocado, chopped
· Handful of coriander, chopped
· Pre-heat oven to 180C.
· Place the sweet potatoes on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for up to an hour, or until a fork can easily be inserted in the potato.
· Prepare the cashew cream sauce by mixing together the cashew butter, minced garlic, lime juice, nutritional yeast, water, apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper. If the consistency is too thick to drizzle, add more water. Set this aside.
· When the sweet potatoes have about 10 minutes left, heat the coconut oil in a pan with a medium heat and add in the chopped onion and garlic cloves. Sauté for 5 minutes until the onions begin to become translucent. Add in all the spices stir and cook for another couple of minutes.
· Add the black beans to the pan, combining with the other ingredients.
· Stir frequently for 5 minutes or until the black beans are fully heated through. Take off heat and set aside.
· Once the sweet potatoes are done cooking, leave them to slightly cool. Then cut them open and gently mash the insides so they are fluffy and easy to scoop out.
· Evenly spread the black bean mixture along with chopped avocado and coriander. Then pour the cashew cream sauce on top.